Tuesday, April 22, 2014

He Never Gives Up

Have you ever climbed or walked up a mountain?
It's not very easy and it can be scary but in the end, once you reach the top, is breathtaking.

In Mexico, people make their own nativity sets with different types of plants all set around a Baby Jesus. These plants are located mostly on mountain sides and there was a year when I was able to help with finding those plants. I don't remember how old I was but I remember everyone getting into several vehicles and heading towards the mountains. We walked up a flat mountain and collected many plants, moved on to another mountain, much taller and pretty steep. While I was standing on the top, laughing because of my "fear" of heights, I could see an endless sea of blue skies, cloudless, with a sun giving us a sweet kiss of 100 degree weather. Breathtaking, like I said before.

Now the trip back down was a bit easier and a tiny bit scarier. Once we reached the bottom, there was a rush of giddiness in all us (the younger children) as we made our way back to my grandma's house.

The climb up the mountain really was hard, especially when I was hiding in fear- trying to overcome it. While I had family there to help me, I wanted to do something for myself and that resulted in me scraping my knee on one of the bigger rocks I was attempting to climb.

This applies to life in general.
We work hard and make it to high places but when there is a large stone in our way, we would rather scrape our knees than to ask for help.
No matter where we are, what we are doing, when we are doing them, God is there for us, molding the path ahead, in hopes that He will be given the chance to help us.

He never seems to let us go or give up on us.

For years I resented my family and God, trying to rely on other people who didn't deserve that type of trust. I thought that going down my own path would be much more fun and practical.
I was wrong.

I gave up on God about four times in my entire life and every time I would come limping and crying back to him, He never forgot about me; welcoming me back with open arms and a heart of love.

How many people can say that about a high school friend, church member, or co-worker? Not many, I can tell you that.

Those were the people I depend on in my youthful ignorance and I do regret it some days, especially when I sit and read my Bible. I think to myself: "Man, I could have known this stuff years ago, if I hadn't kept quitting on God."

I know that God forgives and forgets, (We should do that too) but I remember that I must also forgive, forget, but never let ignorance claim me.

 I suppose, I am jumping around the same idea but I find it comforting to know that I never have to feel sorry again about leaving Him behind; God never lets me down.

No matter what happens in my life, He will always love me and keep me. Something I look for in a future spouse, is that he is like or super similar to my God, my Savior, keeping in mind that he is not Jesus but all that in another time. :)

A heart that repents, will always be in the arms of a just, holy, and wonderful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment