Thursday, May 30, 2013

Showers of Blessing (A Birthday Tribute)

Blessings are all around, especially in this celebration of today- as of 20 years ago, today, my beautiful mother had given birth to a child.

While this is a very wonderful blessing all in itself, it was also a grand miracle.

Why?

When my mother was younger, my father and herself were given an MMR shot (measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccine). They were told not to become pregnant within a certain amount of time.

Some time later, my mother ended up falling down, causing her go to the hospital, the nurse asked her if she was at all pregnant. my mother responded with "I don't think so." When she was checked, they told her that she was, in fact, pregnant.

As time went on, the doctor who was to deliver the baby told my parents that she would need to abort the child. The doctor proceeded to tell her that the child would be Blind, deaf, deformed, possibly born without a limb, have several heart problems, and brain damage, all of which was a "high chance".

Praying to God, my mother and father refused an abortion, saying that Satan would not win this battle.

On May 30, 1993 at 8:20 pm- a beautiful little girl was born. All her limbs in tack, no eye sight problems, no heart or brain damage. Just a perfect little girl.

20 years later, here I am. An ambitious, humble, and healthy woman. I have never had heart problems, or brain damage. I have all that I need both physically, materialistically, and spiritually.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up this morning, I looked out the window and saw that it was raining. Most people would complain about the rain on their birthday but I cried with happiness. These were my first thoughts:

There shall be Showers of Blessing.
Thank You Lord, for giving me another wonderful year of life.
You know how much I love the rain, Thank You, God.
No matter who does or does not recognize that today, 20 years ago, a miracle happened, I am more than grateful for being alive and almost perfect, as You want me.

I cry at the thought of how Satan tried so hard to kill me. How hard he tried to plant the seed of death in my mother's heart. but I also cry at how strong she was in the Lord. Sometimes, I think that maybe it wasn't Satan's work but God's. Maybe he is going to use me as a testimony- the woman who beat all odds and lived, showing that God is preparing the world for his return.

I will pray for the truth. Perhaps, both answers are correct...While Satan tried to stop a blessing, God was going to use Satan's attempt as a miraculous blessing and testimony. It is now my turn. God is preparing my mind and heart and now, I WANT to spread his Love and the Knowledge that he has so graciously provided me with.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, my family and I traveled with a man and his family to Colorado, to visit his past church. During one of the sermons, I had the urge to write something down. This is what I wrote:

"Satan tried to kill me from the start, he was defeated. Now, he is trying to break me down and pull me away from God by using those around me. He will fall. The Lord needs me and I want/need him more than my flesh can handle.
One day, my flesh will break away and the Lord will finally say "You've done what I needed, your purpose has been fulfilled. It is time to come home, my daughter."
I am not afraid of Satan, or his demons, or death. For the Lord has made me invincible until I have accomplished His will and my purpose.
~My purpose- To Share the Word of God With Those Around the World~

I now understand why God gave me the love to communicate with others on deeper levels. Why he gave me the love of other cultures and an open mind to accept what is very different from me, while others frown upon different or even fear it. Why He gave me the love of travel and understanding....GOD WANTS ME TO GO AROUND THE WORLD AND TEACH HIS WORD. HE WANTS ME TO SPEND THE TIME I PREPARE FOR THAT TRAVEL, SPREADING THE WORD TO THE "WORLD" THAT LIVES HERE IN AMERICA.

I have finally found my purpose. I finally see why Satan tried so hard to stop me before I was even born. He thought that he had the world in his hands. But I am going to take every piece of it in the Name of the Lord.

Happy Birthday to me, Am I ready to fulfill my purpose?

Verse of Thought:
Jeremiah 29:11
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Prayer Request:
>Help me pray for the cleansing of my soul and that I may break the temptations and the blockage of the flesh.
>That I not let those who speak wickedly of me, affect me or tear me away from God. That I may have a strength to plant the seed.

~~**God Bless You All**~~

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday again baby! Remember I'll be here for you all the time no matter what. Very proud of you.(But I still think I should be the one to be special today cause I did the real work on May 30th 1993)

    ReplyDelete