Saturday, June 1, 2013

Those Hard Times

When I think about my past I realize that there were so many times when I would feel down and I would bottle up those emotions, which, I learned the hard way, to be the worst thing to do.

What would always change my mood? (Well, besides praying)

MUSIC!

Most of the time, while I tried hiding my feelings from my family, for fear of burdening them, they were the ones to see through this mask I produced and presented me with songs for every occasion.

I truly felt like it was something that I should share with all of you, maybe for the times when you see yourself walking down the same road I was once walking, or even a situation where these songs will be of great use. There are even those days when I listen to those songs again, remembering those painful times and smiling at how small that problem was.

Such a small problem that my family jumped into to pull me right back out and remind me that God Is Always There...Just like they are.

My TOP 5 Helpful and Problem-Solving Songs
*NOTE: I do not own any copyrights for the following songs*

1.) Beautiful by Mercy Me
      Ever since I was about 12 years old, I thought I didn't matter, that I wasn't a beautiful person and that I would never find anyone who would love me. I had such a low self-esteem, I would cry myself to sleep every night. No matter what anyone told me, I wasn't good enough to receive any type of praise. No, my life was not all bad and I did get the praise I deserved but my heart and mind weren't in the right place. I stopped hating myself after the age of 16 or so but there was still that doubt that was hidden in the back of my mind.
     After my longest relationship ended, I had the hardest time recovering. I had felt like my life was finally becoming what I wanted: having someone to truly love me. After what I felt was an unjust end, This song healed my heart. To make this song even more special, it was my younger sister who played it for me.
    I finally let go of that little girl who yelled hateful things to me and told me that I was not good enough. Goodbye Ex-Jacey. I am Beautiful...no matter what you ever said.





2.) East to West by Casting Crowns
     Along with the previous problem, I had a hard time believing that God could really love someone who could do one of (what I believe) the worst sins possible: Disowning God.
    There was a night when I yelled to my mother, that I did not want anything to do with God. I even took my Bible, tossed it onto the dining room table and said "Here, I don't want this. God has done nothing in my life. I don't need him ever again."
    The days following that incident I felt worse and worse about myself. I finally took back my Bible and cried. Praying that God would forgive me for committing the worst of all sins.
    Once this song came out and played on the radio, I cried and thanked God for dying for me and my sins. I took back the spot I had with God and in fact started walking higher above it.


3.) Hello, My Name Is... by Matthew West
      The lyrics of this song really make me smile. I AM A CHILD OF A KING! :) I will say that this is just as simple as that. I have had my regrets, disappointments, and sadness in my life but this is one FACT that I will never need to see end. This is something that makes me happy to live each and every day.
       Simple. As. That.

4.) Ya No Llores Por Mi (Don't Cry For Me Anymore) by Tercer Cielo
      This song is in Spanish (Duh, Jacey!) One of my uncles in Mexico made a small slideshow of my Grandfather after he died and I cried for weeks on end, listening to this song, trying to convince myself to stop crying. I guess all the crying finally tired me out and even though I still cry for him, I know that he is watching me and that I don't need to cry anymore. That I can be happy that he is lucky enough to be with God now. :)  *I recommend looking up lyrics and translating them with google or something, really beautiful song*


5.) We are the Free by Matt Redman
     Something I have always disliked is that people think "religious people" or "church people" are boring and so is their music. That is why, I love blasting this in the car any chance I get! Along with my church's worship music, my car music is upbeat and crazy! The lyrics to this song (even if it WAS slow) would pump anyone up and set their soul aflame! That is why I love Sunday worship..its not the typical cathedral style hymns (Not saying that there is anything wrong with those hymns, they are just not my style).


Verses for Thought:
Psalm 95:1- Oh Come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!

Psalm 150:1-6 - Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deed; praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; Praise Him with flute and harp! Praise Him with tambourine and dance; Praise Him with strings and pipe! Praise Him with sounding cymbals; Praise Him with loud clashing Cymbals

Prayer Requests:
>Safe traveling for the upcoming Mission Trip to Uruguay (Upcoming Post)
>Keep praying for healing in my soul and that I am able to give myself completely to God.
>Safe Keeping to friends and family who are in need of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment