Saturday, September 14, 2013

Believe in What You Believe

Recently, in a certain class that I am taking, we have been discussing the Bible. It would come into conversation, occasionally.

Now, I am 100% for talking about the Bible in Education Facilities..actually, everywhere! But I am constantly reminding myself and others to remember the word of God and to not allow the flesh to fall into the lies of man.

Recently, this happened when talking about the seductress, Lilith.

What someone told me was Lilith was the first wife of Adam. She was jealous of Eve and gave her the fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil (Book of Genesis). She was then turned into a serpent for her "crime".

Now, I may not be very familiar with the Bible (YET!) but I know that there is no "first wife of Adam" there is simply Eve, the ONLY wife of Adam.

It was Satan, that gave Eve the fruit, where the first sin was started.

I can accept that this may be that person's view of things but I wasn't going to sit there and let my fellow students buy into a lie. I proceeded to ask questions and the answers were more than vauge.

There was also the argument that Satan and Lucifer were two completely different people.

I have heard this before and I said "They are the same person. Lucifer changed his name to Satan." This resulted in more "Facts" about how I am incorrect about this and that.

I acknowledged their views and I stated mine. But I will not allow anyone to tell me different than the Bible's Truth.

I prayed that night. For more courage and more wisdom on God's Word. There were moments when I was scared that I would keep silent on the lies that were being spread. I was scared for a split second that I would not be informed enough to keep the discussion supplied.

I did.

I sighed in relief, that I was able to hold my ground and hopefully, give enough information to keep other people questioning and looking for God's Truth and His Truth only!

Prayer Requests:

  • God will be allowed back in schools.
  • More and More people will be Saved. Or at least curious about God

No comments:

Post a Comment