Wednesday, May 13, 2015

For My Mom.

When I look at myself in the mirror and think of what my future will look like, I begin to see things even more clear than before. I think, a lot, about the type of mother I would be and how even that expectation will be different.

Mothers <3
My Beautiful Mother and Myself <3
They are the only ones who will truly love no matter what happens in life. Sometimes I find myself hoping that my kids will one day see in me what I see in my mom. Yes, the first few years of life were blissful with smiles and tickles and laughs. The following years after in the teens were some-what rough and lonely but I think that is where the most love will jump off of. After I let go of the teen years and my resentment, I realized just how much love and self-sacrifice goes into being a mother, a real mother.

My mom is an amazing individual. I can go on and on about how she is the best mother in the world and I guarantee that other people will say the same about their mother. Looking at my mom, as a bystander or in a different angle, I can see that she is so much more. While I find her to be the best mother in the universe, I am able to see her as a person and determine that I would not mind and do not mind being like her.

My mother is a stunning individual.
Mainly speaking of my birth, as I am sure you have read in previous posts, to be so brave and faithful in God to just turn down the suggestions of doctors, that makes her a better person in my eyes. The way that she speaks is always so full of love and care. Trust me, she doesn't speak to hear herself talk. She is all about the truth and all about the rights and wrongs.

Sometimes, children feel like parents don't understand and don't care but they could not be more wrong. There were countless times, where I would fight with my mom and apologize almost instantly because I thought it through and knew where I went wrong.

Now,

The other day, I really felt love from her. Don't get me wrong, I feel it all the time through the good and bad times but this one particular day meant a lot to me.

I have this great interest Tea, Tea Cups/Pots, and well, other things that I am sure I will get to on future posts.

And Even though it was suppose to be a surprise, she bought me a tea pot and six cups.
Seems simple to you, right? but I felt (and still feel) like she bought me the world.

You see, that is what mothers do. They secretly (because to most children, we think they know nothing about us) gather information and do their best to give us the desires of our hearts. They know things that most people won't know, even yourself. 

Isn't that what mothers strive for?
To be able to give their children the world?

This same things applies to God and his relationship with us (or our relationship with him, whichever you think is the best way to put it). He tells us in Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you....."
All you need to do is have Faith.

Thinking about it now, I believe that a good mother is filled with Faith.
My mom has always shown me what Faith is.
You can see it in her eyes when she talks and hear it in her voice, see it in the actions that she takes every day.

God gives us the choice- to ask or not. Simple but complicated at the same time. We ask and we are shown the way, going through a few troubles to get the the destination and given the gift of being able to say "My Father/Mother and I did it together" (because he is a Father to the fatherless and Mother to the motherless).

One way to tell you that my mom is someone I strive to be like is because She had slipped on ice during the winter and sprained her ankle. I could tell that satan was enjoying himself as she limped to work and church for months after the doctors told her that it would be fine in a few days. Constantly asking for prayer for her family and forgetting to ask for help herself. Seeing her now, walking with no troubles, hearing her tell everyone about it with a huge smile on her face and never once did she say "oh it was because I iced it every day or the doctors were right..." but hearing her say, I just needed Faith and to pray.She is a woman of God and has so much faith but I never forget that she is human and sometimes, we lose ourselves to this world; but even so, she asks for more than just to have faith...but she believes in it, in God, with all of her Spirit.

She has a beautiful smile and a contagious laugh.
She raised us with every ounce of love this universe has to offer.
She gave us a light to follow God and our gift to her, is to seek him and believe in him
My Parents are the greatest gift my Lord has given me and until the day I go home to Him, I will honor my Father and Mother. Thanking every day for their Faith, Love, and Joy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment