Monday, October 13, 2014

Never Feel That Way, M'kay?

There will always be someone prettier, better, and smarter, than you....but that shouldn't get you down...you might be that someone to someone else :)

Sitting in my Reading and Writing about Texts class, just 20 minutes ago, I felt like the most idiotic person in the room. Not only was I the only person to bring a hand-written paper, forget to submit the assignment online but brought it in hand but I completely missed the topic of the assignment.

To add to the fire of my embarrassment, the professor had us paired up and read each others paper, while creating a thesis for them. (NO ONE LIKES THESISISISISISSS!) I sat there for a good, 10 minutes while my partner had an entire paragraph written down on my paper and was happily chatting with the other people who finished in record time.

I felt humiliated and "dim-witted" and I was the only person who really saw this!
Luckily for me, I was able to write a few sentences of his main points of the story. By the time the professor came to us to see how we were coming along, my partner was telling me information on my paper and I was blank about his.

I am pretty good at just throwing things out there and I proceeded to say something about how related I found different pieces of the work that I actually had found a solution to his problem (getting symbolism to correspond with Character and Plot).

Walking away from that horrible scene (that I created in my head), I found that I may lack in being able to just do something quickly and on command but that I can create in-depth analysis when I speak about my thoughts and tying them together. For my partner and I, we both got something that the other lacked and that makes us pretty equal in my mind.

Don't get your self-worth down just because one thing comes hard to you and not to others. Being different has it's perks. Like an A+ on an assignment or a welcoming smile from a new friend who is just as different as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment