Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Prayer at 10. (Part 2 of 1?)

There was an incident that happened to one of our church members. I didn't need or want details but my parents were insistent on praying at 10pm.
To some, it was too late.
To others, they had children to attend to.

To me, it was a simple enough request. I mean, we are doing it for a family member (Our church is a big family).
But I didn't do it the first night.
The second night, I prayed around midnight (Me- a night owl...hoo, hoo)
The third night, I prayed at 11pm and it lasted about 5-10 minutes because I didn't know what to say.

The fourth night, however, was different than the rest.

I was never big on prayer.
Rarely did it except for before a meal and it wasn't all that extensive (Thank you, Jesus for this food. Amen. type of thing).
But this night.
Was the most beautiful night.

You see, I was able to pray but not just a "Thank you God for......" but a meaningful conversation with God. We talk for over 25 minutes. The longest I have ever prayed in my life. We talked about everything.
We spoke of my dreams, my passions, the family that I love the most (besides God). We talked about people from the past and people of the future (Always a good idea to pray for the future spouse and children). We just talked. and talked. and talked.

Honestly...
I don't remember everything we talked about. And that is what means the most to me.
He hears me and I speak from the heart. I may not remember it all but boy do I know that He does.

How did I do it?
I just spoke. Word after word flowed from my mouth and not a t first. At first, it was just plain awkward. Then  I remembered that I wasn't doing this for anyone but for Him. And once I understood that, it was just clean and easy.

I will post the next part that chronologically happened at least a month ago....I had a dream....

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment